Pennsylvania Turnpike InvestigationSorry but I can't see the picture. :(
I'm going to talk about the "Pennsylvania Turnpike Investigation". I am going to explain how we get the answers.
1. How many gallons of gas and what fraction of a full tank of gas did Maria use on the turnpike driving from her house to Lance's house?
- first we subtract 352 and 242 the answer is 110. 110 is the mile from Maria's to Lance's.
-110 is the same as 3 and 1/3.
-1/3 out of 15 is how much gallons she used on the turnpike to Lance's house.
2. What fraction of a full tank of gas did she use on the turnpike driving to the combined distance from her house to Lance's house to Alicia's house?
- we subtract 287 by 55 and we got 187 then we add 110 and 187 and we got 297 miles.
- then Jenna and I decided to divide it by 33 and the answer is 9.
- it's obvouisly that she used 9 out of 15 gallons to get the distances.
3.How much time will she spend driving on the turnpike when she drives back home to Philadelphia?
- we add 1 hour ( 60 mins.) to 40 minutes the answer is 100.
- then, we divide 242 and 100 and we got 2.42
- we add 242 by 55 the answer is 297 and we divide it by 2.42 and we got 2 hours 2 minnutes and 2 seconds.