Friday, November 30, 2007
hanah's 2nd growing post
This is what the test looked like.
1) What strategies were needed?
- I used a clock
- a ratio table (I didn't use it)
2)How did you use these strategies?
- For the clock, I thought it would be helpful to use it. For example, 2 and 2/5 is also 2 hours and 24 minutes.
3)Or How could you of used these strategies?
- I could have used the ratio table for figuring out the cost for the BSM. For example, to get 12 cups, you multiplt 2 2/5 and $3.60 by 6. It will equal 12 c and $18.00.
4) How would you figure out the price of a 6 cup bag of Betty's Snack mix? Use a ratio table.
- We know 2 2/5 is $3.60
- Multiply 2 2/5 and 3.60 by 5 to get 12 c and $18.00
- So, we now have 12 cups. Then, we divide 12 c and $18.00 by 2 and we get 6 c and $9.00.
- So, 6 cups is $9.00
5) Find 3 other values (amounts of Snack Mix) that could be solved using the same ratio table. Find the $$ of your new container sizes.
- I chose 3 cups, 24 cups and 48 cups
- for 3 cups, I divided 6 c and 9.00 and got 3 c and 4.50, so, 3 cups is $4.50
- for 24 cups, I multipied 12 c and $18.00 by 2 and got 24 c and $36.00, so, 24 c is $36.00
- for 48 cups , I multiplied 24 c and $36.00 by 2 and got 48 and $72.00, so, 48 c is $72.00.
Growing Post Question 1 Betty's Snack Mix Total (15 marks)
Answers all questions 5 marks (1 per Question)
Quality of Answers10 marks
8= Great Job but there is room for improvement
7= Good Job but there is much room for improvement
6= Decent job but you need to work harder
5= All work is done but effort is lacking
Less than 5 would be for questions answered incorrectly and without effort and incomplete.
Growing Post Question 2 (10 marks)
Embeds the voicethread after question 1 (1 mark)
Creates the Voicethread to answer Question (1 marks)
Add Comments to further elaborate on the strategies used (1 per comment left)Max 4 marks
Math work is correct in the voicethread (4 Marks)
Bonus marks for any person doing more than 4 questions (2 marks)
Growing Post Question 3 (14 marks)
Uses Pictures or a voicethread to answer the question (3.5 Marks)
Explains the 7 strategies using 7/8 and 11/12 (7 Marks)
Comments on the voicethread (3.5 marks .5 per comment)
Question 4 Sharing Pizza's (15 marks)
Clearly shows How much pizza does each student get in the different groups? (4 marks)
Shows which group gets the largest portion of Pizza (2 marks)
Show how you found your answer in 2 different ways. (4 marks)
What strategies did you use in finding your answer. Student must show strategy and explain how it was used.(2 marks)
Added comments on voicethread or added detail to explanations (3 marks)
Total Math Work (49 marks)
Formatting (21 Marks)
Proper title (2 Marks)
Proper labels (3 marks)
Only one post and no drafts left in dashboard (2 marks)
Questions are in the proper order (4 Marks)
Post looks pleasing (10 Marks)
Pictures are lined up, text is left justified etc
The post looks professional and not piecemeal.
Completing Self Evaluation and leaving a comment (10 Marks)
Completing 2 Peer Evaluations Leaving comments on the Growing Post and Voicethreads (20 marks) 10 marks per student
Total Marks for Growing Post ( 100 Marks)
Growing Post Completed on time 0 mark deduction
Completed 1 day late 10 mark deduction
Completed 2 Days Late 15 Mark Deduction
Completed more than 2 days late 20 Mark Deduction
My Self Evaluation
Question 1 Total marks : 15
Answers all questions - 5
Quality of answers - 8
total : 13/15
Question 2 Total marks : 10
Embeds the voicethread after question 1 - 1
Creates voicethread to answer question - 1
Add Comments to further elaborate on the strategies used - 2
Math work is correct in the voicethread - 2
total : 7/10
Question 3 Total marks : 14
Uses Pictures or a voicethread to answer the question - 3.5
Explains the 7 strategies using 7/8 and 11/12 - 5
Comments on the voicethread - 0
total : 8.5/14
Question 4 Total marks : 15
Clearly shows How much pizza does each student get in the different groups? - 0 Shows which group gets the largest portion of Pizza - 0
Show how you found your answer in 2 different ways. - 4
What strategies did you use in finding your answer. Student must show strategy and explain how it was used - 1
Added comments on voicethread or added detail to explanations - 2
total : 7/15
Total Math work : 35.5/49
Formatting total marks : 21
proper title - 2
proper labels - 2
only one post no drafts - 2
questions are in proper order - 4
post looks pleasing - 8
total marks : 18/21
Completing Self Evaluation and leaving a comment (10 Marks) - 8
Completing 2 Peer Evaluations Leaving comments on the Growing Post and Voicethreads (20 marks) - 16
I evaluated Jenna's Growing Post and Mariya's Growing Post.
total marks (100 marks) - 77.5/100