2) What fraction of a full tank of gas did she use on the turnpike driving to the combined distance from her house to Lance's house to Alicia's house?
- We already knew the distance from Maria's to Lance's so we had to figure out the distance to Lance's to Alicia's.
- To get that, we subtracted 242 by 55 and we got 187.
- So we added them together to get 297 miles.
- Then, we did 297 divided by 33 (which is the miles by the miles per gallon) and we got 9.
- She used 9 gallons out of 15 gallons to get to the combined distances.
- First, we turned 110 miles into time which was 1 hour and 50 mins.
- Then, we subtracted 10 minutes to get 1 hour and 40 mins because we couldn't find another way to get 1 hour and 40 mins.
- We did the same thing to 187 miles and we got 3 hours and 7 mins then we subtracted 10 mins and we got 2 hours and 57 mins.
- We added it together and we got 4 hours and 37 minutes