Thursday, November 29, 2007

Jomarie's Second Growing Post

Question 1
Use this picture and reflect on your the puppy kibble test.

1) What strategies were needed?
The stratagies that were needed were a ratio table because on one side you can put the price and the other side is the cups.


2) How did you use these strategies?
I didnt really do a ratio table but it is similar.

Like for the 12C, we know that 2 2/5 = $3.60 I just kept adding 2 2/5 to get close to 12. Then whatever answer I got to get to 12 by just adding 2 2/5 repeatedly I did the same thing with the price.

3) Or How could you of used these strategies.
You could use these stratagies with many things like fraction problems.


4) How would you figure out the price of a 6 cup bag of Betty's Snack mix? Use a ratio table
If I use the ratio table I would do 12C = $18.00 (from the test) then under it, it would be 6C = $........

What I would do is divided it 12C by 2 to get 6C because we all know that 6 is half of 12. Then we do the same thing to the price, $18.00 divided it by 2 which equals $9.00. There is your answer.

5) Find 3 other values (amounts of Snack Mix) that could be solved using the same ratio table. Find the $$ of your new container sizes.





















Question 2





Question 3





Question 4




Which group gets the largest portion of pizza?
I think GroupD got the larger portion of pizza.

What strategies did you use in finding your answer.
I used the clock way.


Marking Rubric

Growing Post Question 1 Betty's Snack Mix Total (15 marks)

Answers all questions 5 marks (1 per Question)
Quality of Answers 10 marks
10= Perfect
8= Great Job but there is room for improvement
7= Good Job but there is much room for improvement
6= Decent job but you need to work harder
5= All work is done but effort is lacking
Less than 5 would be for questions answered incorrectly and without effort and incomplete.

I give myself a 12/15

Growing Post Question 2 (10 marks)

Embeds the voicethread after question 1 (1 mark)
Creates the Voicethread to answer Question (1 marks)
Add Comments to further elaborate on the strategies used (1 per comment left) Max 4 marks
Math work is correct in the voicethread (4 Marks)
Bonus marks for any person doing more than 4 questions (2 marks)

I give myself 6/10

Growing Post Question 3 (14 marks)

Uses Pictures or a voicethread to answer the question (3.5 Marks)
Explains the 7 strategies using 7/8 and 11/12 (7 Marks)
Comments on the voicethread (3.5 marks .5 per comment)

I give myself 10.5/14

Question 4 Sharing Pizza's (15 marks)

Clearly shows How much pizza does each student get in the different groups? (4 marks)
Shows which group gets the largest portion of Pizza (2 marks)
Show how you found your answer in 2 different ways. (4 marks)
What strategies did you use in finding your answer. Student must show strategy and explain how it was used.(2 marks)
Added comments on voicethread or added detail to explanations (3 marks)

I give myself 10/15

Total Math Work (49 marks) = 38.5

Formatting (21 Marks)

Proper title (2 Marks)
Proper labels (3 marks)
Only one post and no drafts left in dashboard (2 marks)
Questions are in the proper order (4 Marks)
Post looks pleasing (10 Marks)
Pictures are lined up, text is left justified etc
The post looks professional and not piecemeal.

I give myself 21/21

Completing Self Evaluation and leaving a comment (10 Marks)
Completing 2 Peer Evaluations Leaving comments on the Growing Post and Voicethreads (20 marks) 10 marks per student =
30/30

Total Marks for Growing Post (100 Marks) = 89.5/100

6 comments:

Jennaamanda said...

Peer Evaluation: Jomarie F

Growing Post Question 1 Betty's Snack Mix Total (15 marks) = 12/15
Growing Post Question 2 (10 marks) = 7/10
Growing Post Question 3 (14 marks) = 11.5/14
Question 4 Sharing Pizza's (15 marks) = 10/15

Total Math Work (54 marks) = 40.5/54

Formatting (21 Marks) = 20/21

Total = 60.5/75

Jennaamanda said...

good work jomarie . but at the beginning you could have used more pictures to explain your answers.

Jomarie 8-73 said...

I think I did good, but I know I can still improve.
I should have added more pictures, and explained more.

Karen Rabena said...

Question 1 (15 marks)
13/15

Question 2 (10 marks)
?/10

Question 3 (14 marks)
?/14

Question 4 (15 marks)
?/15

total marks : 13/54

Formatting (21 marks)
20/21

Total : 36/75

I'm sorry my evaluation for you isn't complete yet since I couldn't see your voice thread.

Karen Rabena said...

Peer Evaluation for Jomarie Ferrer

Question 1 (15 marks)
13/15

Question 2 (10 marks)
5/10

Question 3 (14 marks)
10/14

Question 4 (15 marks)
10/15

total marks : 13/54

Formatting (21 marks)
20/21

Total: 68/75

Comment:
Good work, but where's the explainations for your voicethread and I don't think you explained how you got the answers for the pizza pizza even though its just a picture on your voicethread I still don't get what strategy you've used.

Jomarie 8-73 said...

Oh yeah btw. I commented on Karen and Jenna's post.