This scribe is about the algebra test 2.0 and ill tell you all about it and what the answers are!
This is part 1 of the test ill give you 3 possible answers for each one.
1) 2x-9 - 2 times a number decreased by 9
- twice a number decreased 9
- 2 groups of a numbers decreased by 9
2) 10-4x - 10 decreased by 4 times a number
- 10 decreased by 4 groups of a number
- 10 deminished by 4 sets of a number
3) 5(x-8) - 5 groups of the difference of a number and 8
- a number decreased by 8 times 5
- 5 times a number decreased by 8
4) 7(x+5) - 7 sets of the sum of a number and 5
- the sum of a number and 5 times 7
- a number combined with 5 times 7
This is part 2 of the test , there is only one answer possible for each
5) 6 centimeters more than two thirds of length X = 6 + 2/3 X
6) three times the sum of a number and 2 = 3(n+2)
7) nine decreased by 2 times a number = 9 - 2n
8) four less than five times a number = 5n - 4
This is the chart questions on the other page.
The following Graph shows the first 4 terms of a pattern
A) Create a Chart that shows the first 10 terms of the pattern
B) Write the algebraic Express for the relation ship between hours spent walking and the number of kilometres walked
- Hours x 4 -1 = Km walks
- 4x -1 = y
X = hours
Y= Km walked
C) Using your algebraic expression determine how far they could walk after 50 hours
50 = 4x - 1
= 4(200) - 1
= 199 Km
This test was out of 16. Thanks!